Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Yesterday was national clean off your desk day so thats exactly what I did! I had a ton of things piled up from business to personal…it was a mess! Since I went along with the trend and literally cleaned off my desk I thought I would share with you my top 5 organizing tips!
- Agenda/planner – This is my number one tip! If you’ve read my post Year End Traditions/New Year Resolutions you would know that planning is a big thing for me! I love writing my life down and scheduling everything out. I’ve always had a busy schedule and I need some structure when it comes to organizing it so a planner is the perfect thing! A lot of people use their phones these days but I would highly recommend a planner, theres something about writing it down that helps me remember!
- Desk Dividers – If you have drawers in your desk I would recommend getting dividers. I have everything from pens and highlighters to gel pens and washie tape in my desk so the best way for me to find things is divide them! Instead of having them all loose in a pile or thrown into a pencil case, I just open my desk and it’s super easy to navigate!
- Hanging wall board – I didn’t really know what to call this one because there are so many different ones! I have two grid hangers from Urban Outfitters on the wall behind my desk and while it’s great because it looks cute and holds my photos it actually comes in handy! I hate the look of sticky notes all over your desk so this way I can hang anything important that I need to do/remember and it’s the first thing I see when I sit down at my desk. You could even have a dry erase board or one of those cork boards, anything to catch your attention when you sit down!
- Organizational Desktop Wallpaper – This one I just heard about recently and I have been loving it! It’s a downloadable wallpaper (or you can find some on Pinterest) that has columns or different sections to put your files in. Mine for instance has columns labelled: Work, Personal, Misc, To Do & To File. I just drag all my folders under these colums to keep organized! How cool is that!
- Inspirational/Motivational Sign – Lastly, no matter how organized a person can be we all have those days where we just don’t wanna. Mine right now is a canvas plaque that says GIRL BOSS. Recently quitting my job, starting my own business and following my dreams this find couldn’t come at a better time. There are days that are hard and I’m not sure if I’m making the right choices or I just don’t want to get out of bed but seeing that sign really helps me remember why I’m here and to keep on pursuing my goals. Wether it’s a sign that resonates with you or maybe make a dream board! It will help you stay on top of things more than you think!
Also, I’ve been using a bullet journal to help keep organized! Anyone else love these? They really are a stress reliever for me!
Maybe I should do a post on how I organize mine?! Let me know if you would like to see that!