Hey guys, Happy New Year!
Before I start putting out new content I wanted to quickly give one last goodbye to 2017 by sharing my year end traditions and new year resolutions!
If you know me, you know that I am obsessed with planning and organizing. I wouldn’t be able to live without my planner! It is like my life diary and if I lost it I would have no clue what I was supposed to be doing. I keep a journal that I TRY and write in as much as I can. When I tell people that they say to me “don’t you have a blog?” and yes, while some think it’s strange that I still write everything down, I just cannot separate from my pen and paper. I am actually currently creating a crafting box with all my planning and journaling supplies, I take after my mom in this sense. We have an ENTIRE crafting store in our basement…no seriously. It has everything you could possible imagine because we are the queens of crafting. Since I am moving out in a few months right now I’m searching through all our stuff to find things to bring with me and create a crafting box thats easy to access when I want to plan or journal.
At the end of the year I like to take my planner (providing that I kept the same one all year) my journal, and all my cute cards given to me over the year and put them all together into a box!
I will usually take a few Polaroid’s that I’ve taken that year and write one final journal entry about the year and my New Years resolutions. Luckily this year the HP Sprocket has made that easier, now I can just print whatever pictures I’d like!
This has become such a fun personal tradition for me and when I put all my stuff together from last year and re-read my journal and cards I thought why not share it with you! I love that I have a collection now that I can look back on! I used to look back at my high school diaries all the time and was so grateful that I never threw them away, hopefully when I’m older I can look back on these and remember feel the same! If you have anything you like to collect over the year, try setting aside a day after Christmas to sit down and go through it all and make your own box!
Now that I feel all my 2017 memories are behind me…or in a box in my closet. I can focus on 2018 and my new goals!
Here are my 2018 goals/resolutions:
- DRINK MORE WATER…I think this one is on my list every year. I am truly bad at drinking water.
- Write more…this includes blogging, I want to be more consistent! 1-2 a week???
- Take more photos…I don’t think this will ever not be on my list. Yes, you have to live in the moment but when it calls for it…take photos.
- Read books that aren’t a Mystery Novel…This is going to be tough! I love Mystery, and haven’t read something other than that in so long!
- Start my Youtube channel…This process has already started a while ago because I really wanted to make sure I was creating content I was passionate about but I can’t wait have content up!
- Move out…This is also in the works but it’s such a biggie that I had to put it down, just so I can cross it off.
- Cook more often/try new recipes…I’m getting better! I am becoming more curious in the kitchen but really want to expand my skills this year.
- Learn Italian…I can understand Italian to some degree but when I hear my family speaking it theres nothing more I want than to contribute to the conversation
- Learn more/Bring awareness about mental health issues…I’m not sure how yet, but this is a big project I would like to accomplish this year.
- LIVE IN THE NOW! This one is huge for me and probably my biggest one. I tend to worry and stress over things that haven’t happened. I worry about the future and try to plan it all out but in that mindset I lose focus on whats in front of me in this moment, right now. Yes I have this list but its superficial, this one is my biggest goal and aspiration this year!
Now that I set my goals, I like to set some intentions as well. Not even specific intentions but words. Words I can live by this year in someway to make me a better me in 2018!
Share with me your 2018 goals and intentions! I would love to hear them!